Where to enable Memory Hole Remapping\" on BIOS on DKA790GX[MS-7550]
Wir veröffentlichen neue Datenschutzrichtlinien um der europäischen DS-GVO, die ab dem 25.Mai 2018 in Kraft tritt, gerecht zu werden. Die neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien können Einfluss auf die Verwendung Ihrer Daten haben. Durch die weitere Nutzung unsere Webseiten stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies, den neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien und den Geschäftsbedingungen zu.
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.
Erweiterte Suche  

Autor Thema: Where to enable Memory Hole Remapping\" on BIOS on DKA790GX[MS-7550]  (Gelesen 9321 mal)

crazyrex2100

• Grünschnabel
  • :

My BIOS is Release 1.3, but i can not find the \"Memory Hole Remapping\" setting
I am DRAM 2GX4 and 32bit and Enable PAE on boot.ini

Jack

• Foren Experte
  • :
RE: Where to enable Memory Hole Remapping\" on BIOS on DKA790GX[MS-7550]
« Antwort #1 am: 21. November 2008, 22:04:07 »

If you are using a 32bit operating system, Memory Remapping will not help you.  You need a 64bit operating system!

wiesel201

• Administrator
  • :
« Antwort #2 am: 21. November 2008, 22:14:18 »

Such an option exists only in BIOS-Files of older Boards like the K8N4 (Socket 939). AM2/AM2+ -Boards don´t have such an option, they have an automatic memory remapping.
DSLR-Forum

Mein Zweitsystem

Achtung: Hilfe-Anfragen bitte immer im Forum stellen, nicht per PN!

crazyrex2100

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #3 am: 22. November 2008, 18:54:19 »

because Gavotte RAMDisk 1.0.4096.5 on 32bit can use more than 4GB on 32bit
if open PAE on BIOS and boot.ini

01.01.2008 support >=4G ram under 32bit windows

and tested on Nvidia 7050, so

want 8G and set 6G to Sim Disk

Jack

• Foren Experte
  • :
« Antwort #4 am: 22. November 2008, 18:58:52 »

About \"PAE\":

Please read this first:

http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/979407.htm

Zitat
And 32-bit client versions of Windows Vista (and also Windows XP) will never support more than a 4GB address spaces, even with PAE enabled, according to another MSDN Library article. Thus, 4 GB physical RAM memory limit on 32-bit Windows Vista is an artificial software based lock placed by Windows Vista operating system to limit the availability of the portion of memory larger than 4 gigabytes in a system with motherboard that support more than 4GB worth of physical address space.

Thus, many users disappointed and baffled that even though after ‘enabling’ PAE support in 32-bit (x86) Windows Vista (which in actuality is not necessary), they still cannot see full 4GB or more (most system showing only around 3.5 or 3.25 GB of memory due to some memory address space been mapped to use as reserve for system peripherals) of physical memory or RAM modules installed, although Windows Vista SP1 can correctly display the amount of installed memory (not memory available to use) up to 4GB in size.

Currently, the only known method to enable support for physical memory bigger than 4GB in size in Windows Vista 32-bit version is using the hack to replace the limitation files with copy from 32-bit Windows Server 2008, which supports and can see more than 4 GB memory. However, user using the hack has to deal with some consequences especially product activation issue, unless you have license or genuine product key for Windows Server 2008.

... and this as well:

http://www.dansdata.com/askdan00015.htm

Zitat
PAE\'s no good to the everyday 3Gb-problem-afflicted user, though, for two reasons.

First, it presents 64-bit addresses to drivers, and thus causes exactly the same compatibility problems as a proper 64-bit operating system. Except worse, because now you need PAE-aware drivers for 32-bit Windows, instead of plain 64-bit drivers for a 64-bit OS.

From a normal user\'s point of view, PAE gives you the incompatibility of a 64-bit operating system when you\'re still running a 32-bit OS.

For this reason, Microsoft changed the behaviour of the /PAE option in almost all versions of WinXP as of Service Pack 2. They fixed the endless driver problems by, essentially, making /PAE in XP not do anything to addressing. All versions of WinXP except for the x64 Edition now have a hard 4Gb addressing limit, no matter what hardware you use them on and what configuration you choose. All PAE does in those versions of Windows is activate NoExecute support, which, once again, you probably don\'t want.
This isn\'t a big problem, of course, since XP is not meant to be a server operating system. But it\'s still mystifying to people who try the /PAE flag and can\'t figure out why it doesn\'t work.

Oh, and just in case you for some reason still wanted to try PAE: It eats CPU time, too.

...and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension#Windows

Zitat
However, desktop versions of Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista) limit physical address space to 4 GB for driver compatibility reasons.

------------

Forget about PAE it won\'t help you one bit in this matter.  You need a 64bit operating system to have more than 4GB address space.

crazyrex2100

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #5 am: 22. November 2008, 23:05:33 »

OH...Thanks.

I Know

crazyrex2100

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #6 am: 24. November 2008, 15:02:35 »

This is Gavotte RAMDisk can support more than 4G on 32bit
there has some example.
http://www10.atwiki.jp/gavotterd/pages/1.html

Jack

• Foren Experte
  • :
« Antwort #7 am: 24. November 2008, 15:56:59 »

Well, what is your actual problem with that tool?  

All I know about this extended Version of the original ramdisk utility is described here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/27/free-ramdisk-for-windows-vista-xp-2000-and-2003-server/comment-page-3/#comment-527818

Please try to explain in detail what happens when you try to use this tool to create a RAMDisk.

crazyrex2100

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #8 am: 25. November 2008, 12:40:01 »

The \"Gavotte RAMDisk\" Tool can control 4~8G, support >=4G ram under 32bit windows support 4G Part

My DRAM2GX4 8GB
DKA790GX(MS-7550)
but I add /PAE on boot.ini
and creative Ramdisk 2G

Fail: UMA256MB+OS1.00GB+Gavotte 2GB

Should: UMA256MB+OS3.00GB+Gavotte 2GB

and I use everest tool to see PAE is not Active.

But M2A-VM HDMI / AMD690G / BIOS_1603 and Nvidia 7050 (my other 2 PC)can support

so ask in here

Thank you

Jack

• Foren Experte
  • :
« Antwort #9 am: 25. November 2008, 14:13:59 »

PAE is a Windows Function, not a Board or BIOS Function.  Also, as I tried to explain, PAE has not much to do with Address Space anymore:

Zitat
All versions of WinXP except for the x64 Edition now have a hard 4Gb addressing limit, no matter what hardware you use them on and what configuration you choose. All PAE does in those versions of Windows is activate NoExecute support

I don\'t know what else to tell you.  Install a 64bit operating system on a spare hard drive and see if that changes anything.