MS-7984: Black screen after configuring BIOS
Wir veröffentlichen neue Datenschutzrichtlinien um der europäischen DS-GVO, die ab dem 25.Mai 2018 in Kraft tritt, gerecht zu werden. Die neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien können Einfluss auf die Verwendung Ihrer Daten haben. Durch die weitere Nutzung unsere Webseiten stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies, den neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien und den Geschäftsbedingungen zu.
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.
Erweiterte Suche  

Autor Thema: MS-7984: Black screen after configuring BIOS  (Gelesen 342 mal)

msiuser202207271513

• Grünschnabel
  • :
MS-7984: Black screen after configuring BIOS
« am: 27. Juli 2022, 15:49:16 »

Hello everyone,

I have the following motherboard: Z170A GAMING PRO (MS-7984). The BIOS version is E7984IMS.1G0, which I updated today from E7984IMS.150. The update seemed to have worked. But I somehow misconfigured the BIOS after that. I think that MSI Fast Boot is the culprit. After setting this the system indeed started to boot faster, but the sceeen remains black during the boot and only shows an image, when the Linux Login Manager lightdm shows up. After that everything seems to be working fine but when I press Ctrl+Alt+F2 fir example the screen becomes black and I can't access the text console anymore! Also during the boot process I can only see GRUB's OS choice window for a fraction of a second. After that the screen goes blank. It seems that I can still access the BIOS settings after pressing DEL several times in a row during the boot process. However nothing is shown on the screen. Thus I would like to ask someone, who has a similar motherboard and BIOS to provide me with a key-combination, which would either factory reset the BIOS or at least disable MSI Fast Boot again. I just hope that using the mouse is not the only way to change this setting, because I cannot see, where the mouse pointer is. But pressing keys in a certain order on a keyboard is certainly possible even without seeing anything on the screen.

Best Regards

msiuser202207271513

msiuser202207271513

• Grünschnabel
  • :
Re: MS-7984: Black screen after configuring BIOS
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Juli 2022, 13:07:38 »

Hi everyone,

in the end I decided to clear the CMOS by taking out the battery for one hour. After that the BIOS loaded with factory settings and its configuration screen became visible again. The problem is solved.