Problems with B550 Gaming Plus and RAM
Wir veröffentlichen neue Datenschutzrichtlinien um der europäischen DS-GVO, die ab dem 25.Mai 2018 in Kraft tritt, gerecht zu werden. Die neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien können Einfluss auf die Verwendung Ihrer Daten haben. Durch die weitere Nutzung unsere Webseiten stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies, den neuen Datenschutzrichtlinien und den Geschäftsbedingungen zu.
Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.
Erweiterte Suche  

Autor Thema: Problems with B550 Gaming Plus and RAM  (Gelesen 1190 mal)

alexsc13

• Grünschnabel
  • :
Problems with B550 Gaming Plus and RAM
« am: 06. September 2021, 12:53:50 »

I have problems with the RAM. Everything works when I have only one bar in A2. If I put another RAM in B2 I get 3 long beeps and the EZ Debug LED for memory lights up. I have now tried a total of 12 RAM bars and it is always the same. It doesn't matter if it's G-Skill, Corsair or Kingston. All of these bars work with other computers without any problems and also on this board they work in A2 but only as long as I don't have anything in B2.

I can use another bar in A1, so A1 and A2 together. That works, but then I get a message at boot time that it is not populated correctly that way. This is true of course, but this way I can use 16 GB at least for now.

I have updated the BIOS, loaded the BIOS defaults, nothing helps. I actually don't have a jumper anymore and that even though I have 4 computers here lol. So CMOS reset is the only thing I haven't tried yet. I'm afraid the B banks are probably not ok?!

jeanlegi

• Global Moderator
  • :
Re: Problems with B550 Gaming Plus and RAM
« Antwort #1 am: 06. September 2021, 16:11:08 »

You can use a screwdriver to do the reset with JBAT1 but system should be without power.
Cheerio
JP
1. 2. GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro (014DE)|3. GE73VR 7RF Raider (266DE)

alexsc13

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #2 am: 07. September 2021, 14:44:54 »

I managed to find a jumper on a 15 years old PC of a friend,  :-D  but that did not resolve the problem either. The RAM in A1 and A2 works just fine, whenever I add RAM to B1, B2 or both I only get the 3 beeps when trying to start. The RAM is tested and ok, I think it is highly unlikely that the CPU is working with channel A but not channel B so I guess it is most likely that the board is not ok. Anyone got any other ideas? Else I just return the board I guess.

jeanlegi

• Global Moderator
  • :
« Antwort #3 am: 08. September 2021, 00:50:32 »

Can you check the cpu as well? the controller for the memory is in the CPU just to be sure that this is not an cpu issue and/or remove and set it new in the cpu socket.
Cheerio
JP

alexsc13

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #4 am: 08. September 2021, 10:49:13 »

I tried to remove it and set it in again, that did not fix it. Sadly, I do not have a second AMD CPU to try, only Intel ones.

alexsc13

• Grünschnabel
  • :
« Antwort #5 am: 12. September 2021, 13:27:18 »

Got a new motherboard and all works well now.

jeanlegi

• Global Moderator
  • :
« Antwort #6 am: 13. September 2021, 16:36:34 »

Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear that now all is working :)
Cheerio
JP